Friday, February 03, 2006

Go Seahawks!



BLT is a Seahaks Superfan (like his daddy). He didn't have an outfit for this year, so here is last years. He will be rooting for the Seahawks in the SuperBowl this weekend, but we won't be watching it live because we'll be on a plane. We're going to Las Vegas for the weekend so Mommy can play in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament with her college alumni team - the Muffin Top Bakeshop.

Two nights ago poor BLT woke up at 4AM and was just crying and crying. He didn't want to nurse, he didn't want to be held, nothing! I changed his diaper (which had leaked, oops, although that didn't seem to be the problem), gave him some Motrin and still he was crying. Finally he calmed down after about 3 readings of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and we were back to sleep by 6AM. Of course, mommy had to get up really soon after that to go to work.

Then yesterday evening, I saw the culprit! Yes! We have a new tooth. The bottom eye tooth on the right (his left) has finally broken the gum line. I think the one on the left may also be coming in. Last night, I premedicated with Motrin before bed and he did well, only waking 3 times and going right back to sleep. I know other moms might think this is crazy, but we refuse to just put him in his room and let him cry. I want him to know that I am here for him even in the middle of the night. I know he will get the hang of sleeping all night on his own ... eventually. He sleeps in a toddler bed and when he wakes up he comes running out. It is so cute! He woke up at 11PM (the first waking) last night and we were up packing and he just ran full speed around the corner to us. So funny! The 2nd time he woke it was 2AM and he came running around to my side of the bed. Then he just stayed with us. So precious.

I'm so glad it seems he is feeling better!

No comments: