Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First "joke"

This took place this morning as I was getting LT dressed.

LT: Knock on the door.
Me: What?
LT: Knock on the door.
Me: (I make a knocking sound on the table)
LT: Orange!
Me: ???
LT: Orange!
Me: Oh, knock, knock?
LT: Orange! Knock knock... banana.
Me: Who's there?
LT: It's not banana... ha ha... it's orange

I thought he must've learned it (poorly) from an older kid at daycare. A bit later, I asked him, "Who likes to say banana?" He says, "Me... and Isaac [a five year old]. He's funny!"

3 comments:

just jenn said...

it made me laugh?! banana. :)
can't wait to hear stories to go with the great pictures from your excursion to China - hope you all have recovered well from the travel - that must be a pretty tiring flight(s)?

Anonymous said...

Quite impressive!! And cute! He must have re-adjusted pretty quickly?
I want to hear how the flight and jet lag went as well. The pictures where he is sleeping are cute - is he getting heavy? JT has crossed the 30 pound mark (I think) or at least it seems that way...
-c

Anonymous said...

knock knock, who's there? It's not banana, it's grandma! he he
What a joker you have!
luv, gma